HIGHLIGHTING THE DIVERSITY
"By highlighting the diversity in water supply and sanitation conditions in Finland, the book argues against one-size-fits-all solutions and stresses the need to tailor water supply and sanitation solutions to the prevailing conditions and context".
– The European Journal of Development Research. 2017. –
Finnish Water Services: Experiences in Global Perspective
The fluently written text is supported by many photographs and illustrative graphics. This book is a timely contribution to the discussion on water services. In addition to water professionals, the book is suitable for anyone interested in water and its use.
For other Book Reviews, Presentations and Expert articles in English and Finnish see:http://www.cadwes.com/publications/books/finnish-water-services/
Available in October 2016 – the latest book by UNESCO Chairholder Tapio S. Katko challenges the reader to assess critical sector issues.
• Can 24/7 access to safe drinking water be taken for granted?
• What threats does deterioration of water and sewage networks pose?
• Who are responsible for providing and producing water services?
• Why do many international water-related comparisons rank Finland among the top countries?